Job scam quick guide: it's a scam if...

  • they want you to collect and forward money in any way (a "money mule" job). You'll wind up engaged in money laundering, personally defrauded via expertly forged cheques, money orders, etc, or defrauding someone else who pays for goods that never arrive.
  • they want you to receive packages and reship them somewhere else. The goods will have been obtained fraudulently, and they're just using you to make the shipping address appear local. You will be aiding fraud.
  • they want up-front payment (either to them or someone else) of any sort for anything before you can get the job. This is advance fee fraud: there is no job -- it's just a big con to extract money from you.
  • they want you to buy any kind of "membership" or "kit" in order to start. Forget it -- it's not a real job at all: they're trying to sell you something, and they're probably making a bunch of other false claims about it if they're pitching it as a "job".
  • it's a job offer, and it's spam. There are LOTS of these scams about, as you can see.

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Patar White

This "Patar White" sounds suspiciously similar to Ms James Allen and Mr Larry Potterss, both of whom were check forgers seeking money mules to defraud.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: PATAR WHITE < patarwhite_12@yahoo.com>
Date: 16-May-2007 04:37
Subject: JOB OFFER.................
To: [redacted]

 
CEDJONES INTL ART WORLD
UNIT 11, FEATHER STONE
INDUSTRIAL ESTATE
15 DOMINION ROAD
SOUTHHALL , MIDDLESEX
UB2 5DP
TEL+4407024021583
EMAIL :patarwhite_12@yahoo.com
 
Hello,
          My name is patarwhite and I am an artist.I saw  your profile on the  websites andfelt you could do apart time job for us . I live in United  Kingdom, with my two kids, four cats, one dog and the love of my life. It is  definitely a full house. I have been doing artwork since I was a small  child. That gives me about 23 years of experience. I majored in art in high  school and took a few college art courses. Most of my work is done in either  pencil or airbrush mixed with color pencils. I have recently added designing  and creating artwork on the computer. I have been selling my art works for  the last 3 years and have had a lot of my works featured on trading cards,  prints and in magazines.
     I have sold in galleries and to private collectors from all over the  world and i get paid without hassles. I am always facing serious  difficulties when it comes to selling my art works to Americans,owing to the  fact that they mostly offer to pay with a US POSTAL MONEY ORDER, which is  difficult for me to cash here in The United Kingdom.
 And also the cost of  coming to the state and getting payments is very expensive,though i am  currently working on setting up a branch in the States.
 
   In view of the above i am in urgent need of a representative in the united  states who will be handling the payment aspect,by recieving my payments on  my behalf from my American clients .It is as a result of the above that we  came up with the idea of looking for a responsible and competent person(s)  who will be of assistance to me in this area,whom i can entrust my payments  upon and who will cash them immediately he/she recieves them and forward the  Money to me here in the U.K via Moneygram Or Western Union International  Money Transfer.
 
         What i need from you is just to recieve the payments and take them to your local bank or check cashing facility and cash them immediately  and deduct your own commission. I are prepared to offer a commission of 10%  to you persons on any payments recieved and cashed,and i shall increase the  commission from time to time based on your competence and efficiency.
 
     This does not stop you from doing your normal job,it's just for you to  take deliveries of payments and cash them and transfer the money to me here  in the U.K via Moneygram Or Western Union International Money Transfer. May  i not fail to inform you that you have to assure me  that any payments  you  recieve will be instantly cashed and transfered immediately,as i are just  starting this set up and i would not like a situation where people will make away ou squander my hard earned money,so please asure me that all will be well in this business arrangement.
 
 What the job entails is for you to:
 
(A) Receive Payments on our Behalf from out American Debtors;such payments shall come in the form of Official Checks,Cashiers Checks ,Postal  Money Orders and Bank drafts,all of which shall be issued in the USA.
(B) Cash such payments
(C) Transfer the monies via Moneygram Or Western Union International Money  Transfer.
 
    It wouldn't cost you any amount, You are to receive payments which will  be sent to you by fedex or usps courier service from my debtors, which would  come in form of a United States Postal Money Order then you are to cash it  deduct your own 10% commission and send the balance to me via western union  money transfer or , all transfer fees should be deducted from the money.
 On acceptance of this offer please get back to me with the following:
 
 (A) Your FULL NAMES
 (B ) YOUR AGE
 (C) ADDRESS DETAILS,PLEASE NO P.O BOXES
 (D) HOME AND WORK PHONE NUMBERS (INCLUDING CELL
 PHONE NUMBER)
 (E) AGREEMENT AND ACCEPTANCE OF THIS REQUEST.
 
    Once I get these details I will forward them from time to time to my  clients who will then issue out the payments in your favour and send it to  you for cashing.
 
   This is a completely legal thing in as much as you prove your honesty by  acting to instructions,people have made away with my money in the past and  i am trying to be carfeful this time around.
 
    You can cash the check wherever you choose,i know they charge commission  at the cashing facilities,it's okay if you go cash them there.
   Please get back to me immediately as i have a lot of  payments to recieve  and as soon as you send me your home address details i will instruct that my  debtors start issuing out the payments to you.
 
patar
white
 


Be a better Heartthrob. Get better relationship answers from someone who knows.
Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.

No comments: