What idiot makes up these names? A Ms James Allen and her husband Mr Berry Johnson? These folks bear a remarkable similarity to the just-as-ludicrously-named Mr Larry Potterss, right down to having exactly the same number of pets. This is actually a Nigerian trying to con people into banking forged cheques. The originating IP address was 188.8.131.52 , currently allocated to Nigerian Telecommunications Ltd.
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: james allen < email@example.com>
Date: 09-Feb-2007 02:43
34 Parliament Street,
My name is Ms James Allen, I am an artist with my husband Berry
Johnson,We own D & J ART WORLD in London,Zealand(United Kingdom)I live
in London United Kingdom, with my two kids, four cats, one dog and the
love of my life my husband Mr Berry Johnson. It is definitely a full
house, I have been doing artwork since I was a small child That gives
me about 23 years of experience I majored in art in high school and
took a few college art courses Most of my work is done in either pencil
or art brush mixed with color pencils.
I have recently added designing and creating artwork on the computer,
I have been selling my art for the last 3 years and have had my work
featured on trading cards, prints and in magazines, I have sold in
galleries and to private collectors from all around the world. I am
always facing serious difficulties when it comes to selling my art
works to Americans, they are always offering to pay with money order or
casher's cheque, which is difficult for me to cash here in London
I am looking for a representative in the United States Of America who
will be working for me as a per time worker and i will be willing to
pay 10% for every transaction, which wouldn't affect your present state
of work, someone who would help me receive payments from my customers
in the states, I mean someone that is responsible and reliable, because
the cost of coming to the state and getting payments is very expensive,
I am working on setting up a branch in the state, so for now i need a
representative in the United States Of America who will be handling the
payment aspect for our company.
These payments are in money order or casher's cheque and they would
come to you in your name if you are willing to assist as a
representative, so all you need do is cash the money order deduct your
percentage and western union Charges then wire the rest back.
But the problem i have is trust, i have made arrangement with the FBI
in Washington,that if anybody gets away with my money they will
definately get hold with the person,and the person will go to JAIL for
LOOTING my funds , you are to receive the money order or casher's
cheque payment which will be sent to you by the Fedex or UPS from my
business partners, which would come in form of a order or casher's
cheque then you are to take it to your bank account to enable you cash
it and send the money cashed for the Money Order or casher's cheque to
me via Western Union money transfer or Money Gram.
NOTE: All charges of the Western Union money transfer or Money Gram
will be deducted from the money, so you are rest assured that you
wouldn't spend a dime out of your personal money.
If you are interested, please get back to me as soon as possible via
Thanks for your assistant and God bless,
Director of D & J ART WORLD,
London, United Kingdom.
Valentine's Day -- Shop for gifts that spell L-O-V-E at MSN Shopping
Job scam quick guide: it's a scam if...
- they want you to collect and forward money in any way (a "money mule" job). You'll wind up engaged in money laundering, personally defrauded via expertly forged cheques, money orders, etc, or defrauding someone else who pays for goods that never arrive.
- they want you to receive packages and reship them somewhere else. The goods will have been obtained fraudulently, and they're just using you to make the shipping address appear local. You will be aiding fraud.
- they want up-front payment (either to them or someone else) of any sort for anything before you can get the job. This is advance fee fraud: there is no job -- it's just a big con to extract money from you.
- they want you to buy any kind of "membership" or "kit" in order to start. Forget it -- it's not a real job at all: they're trying to sell you something, and they're probably making a bunch of other false claims about it if they're pitching it as a "job".
- it's a job offer, and it's spam. There are LOTS of these scams about, as you can see.