"Textiles" is a popular fake business for money mule scams. This is a bland, unsophisticated scam using nothing more than a cock-and-bull story plus a Yahoo! freemail contact address.
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Larry Eze. <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: 16-Dec-2006 00:03
Subject: Would you like to work from Home and get Paid Weekly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
T & B International Limited is a Burns textile company. We produce and distribute clothing materials such as batiks,,art works,art materials and crafts,assorted fabrics and traditional costume worldwide.We have reached big sales volume of textile materials in the Europe and now are trying to penetrate the US market.Quite soon,we will open representative offices or authorized sales centers in the US and therefore we are currently looking for people who will assist us in establishing a new distribution network over there.The fact is that despite the US market is new for us we already have regular clients also speaks for itself.
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO FOR US.
But we have a problem thats setting us back.We have some problem collecting our payments from our US clients.The international money transfer tax for legal entities(companies) in Latvia is 25%,whereas for the individual,it is only 7%.There is no sense for us to work this way, while tax for international money transfer made by a private individual is 7%.That's why we need you! We need agents to receive payment for our textiles( in money orders,cheque or bank wire transfers) from our clients in the US and to resend the money to us via Money Gram or Western Union Money Transfer.This way we will save money because of tax decreasing.
1. Recieve payment from Clients.
2. Cash Payments at your Bank.
3. Deduct 10% which will be your percentage/pay on Payment processed.
4. Forward balance afer deduction of percentage/pay to any of the offices you will be
contacted to send payment to(Payment is to be forwarded either by Money Gram or
Western Union Money Transfer).
(1).18 years or older legally capable,responsible and ready to work 3-4 hours per week.
(2).You must have PC knowledge,e-mail and internet experience(minimal). And please know that Everything is absolutely legal, that's why you have to fill a contract! Our payments will be issued out in your name and sent to your contact address. If you are interested, please get back to me as soon as possible via email. N: B, Please send to me the listed information below:
First name :
Last name :
Full Address :
Zip Code :
Tel numbers :
Date of birth :
Are you employed/self employed?
Do you have a checking account?
Best means of communication?email/phone
I will need this informations from you for my record,also if you require more information ,do not hesitate to contact me,i will give you a call asap.PLEASE SEND YOUR REPLIES TO
Thanks and God bless.
Larry Eze for T&B international.
Job scam quick guide: it's a scam if...
- they want you to collect and forward money in any way (a "money mule" job). You'll wind up engaged in money laundering, personally defrauded via expertly forged cheques, money orders, etc, or defrauding someone else who pays for goods that never arrive.
- they want you to receive packages and reship them somewhere else. The goods will have been obtained fraudulently, and they're just using you to make the shipping address appear local. You will be aiding fraud.
- they want up-front payment (either to them or someone else) of any sort for anything before you can get the job. This is advance fee fraud: there is no job -- it's just a big con to extract money from you.
- they want you to buy any kind of "membership" or "kit" in order to start. Forget it -- it's not a real job at all: they're trying to sell you something, and they're probably making a bunch of other false claims about it if they're pitching it as a "job".
- it's a job offer, and it's spam. There are LOTS of these scams about, as you can see.