This message originated from 188.8.131.52, which is in Nigeria. Golly gosh, it's not from Australia at all, let alone from the Suncoast Gold Macadamia company! Could it be that the sender is one of those notorious Nigerian scammers? (Hint: YES.)
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Mr Jim Twentyman <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: 27-Dec-2006 11:42
Subject: WORK WITH US
Suncoast Gold Macadamias (Australia) Limited sells Bulk and
Roasted/Flavoured products,Gourment Products and gift packs,Retails Packs and Various Recipes. We have reached big sales volume in the European and Asian market and now are trying to penetrate the Northern American market. Quite soon we will open representative offices and authorized sales centers in North America and therefore we are currently looking for people
who will assist us in establishing a new distribution network there. The fact that despite the Nothern America market is new for us we already have regular clients also speaks for itself.
The international money transfer tax for legal entities (companies) in Australia is 25%, whereas for the individual it is only 7%. That.s why we need you! We need agents to receive payment for our products in their locality and to resend the money to us. This way we will save money because of tax decreasing.
HOW MUC H WI LL YOU EARN?
7%-9% from each sale/resale operation! For instance: you receive 1000 USD to your bank account. You will withdraw the money and keep $70 (7% from $1000) for yourself! At the beginning your commission will equal 7%, though later it will increase up to 9%!
You do not have to go out as you will work as an independent contractor right from your home office. Your job is absolutely legal. You can earn up to $3000-4000 depending on time you will spend for this job. You do
not need any capital to start. The employees who make efforts and work hard have a strong possibility to become managers. Anyway our employees never leave us.
If you are interested in our offer, please feel free to indicate so in your reply to us.
Please, to facilitate the conclusion of this transaction if accepted, do send me promptly by email the following:
(1)Your full names,
Thanks for your time.
Job scam quick guide: it's a scam if...
- they want you to collect and forward money in any way (a "money mule" job). You'll wind up engaged in money laundering, personally defrauded via expertly forged cheques, money orders, etc, or defrauding someone else who pays for goods that never arrive.
- they want you to receive packages and reship them somewhere else. The goods will have been obtained fraudulently, and they're just using you to make the shipping address appear local. You will be aiding fraud.
- they want up-front payment (either to them or someone else) of any sort for anything before you can get the job. This is advance fee fraud: there is no job -- it's just a big con to extract money from you.
- they want you to buy any kind of "membership" or "kit" in order to start. Forget it -- it's not a real job at all: they're trying to sell you something, and they're probably making a bunch of other false claims about it if they're pitching it as a "job".
- it's a job offer, and it's spam. There are LOTS of these scams about, as you can see.