Looking for a sucker to bank forged cheques or money orders and forward 90% of their face value before they bounce.
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: F. Lambert <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: 27-Dec-2006 10:12
Subject: Hayward Gallery's venue hire Job opportunities!!!
South Bank Centre
London SE1 8XZ
fax:02082998700 Tell: +447031846503
PLease Reply to this Email ASAP to email@example.com
URGENT PART-TIME JOB OPPORTUNITY
Hi, my name is Froniga Lambert, the Artist, Archaeologist, and also the Manager
of Hayward Gallery in london and i live and work here in United Kingdom,
Would you like to work online from home and get paid without affecting
your present job? Actually i need a representative who can be working
for our company as online book-keeper. We make lots of supplies to some of
our clients in the HOLAND/GERMANY and AUSTRALIA for which i do come to over to recieve
payment and have it cashed after i supply them raw materials. Its
always too expensive and stressful for me to come down and recieve such
payment twice in a month so i therefore decided to contact you. I am willing to
pay you 10% for every payment recieved by you from our clients who
makes payment through you. Pls note you dont have to be a book keeper to
apply for the job.. I must emphasize once again that this business
transaction is legitimate in all it's entirety and there will be no cause for you
to regret working with me . I will never ask for your bank account details
because it is not needed. Kindly get back to me as soon as possible if
you are interested in this job offer with your:
FIRST NAME :
PHONE NUMBER (S):
PLEASE SEND YOUR REPLY ASAP ATTESTATION According to how you have been
briefed earlier by a qualified representative of this establishment.
You are required and mandated to receive payment on behalf of the above
mentioned firm. You are to deduct 10% of all funds processed on a
particular order and forward the balance payment via Western Union
Money Transfer and MONEYGRAM to any of "HAYWARD GALLERY" Group regional
warehouses that will be given to you later. You will notify the company
a week ahead if eventually you want to discontinue this job so as to
terminate all payment coming your way to avoid conflict...
NB: PLEASE REPLY BACK BY FILLING THE FORM..
Job scam quick guide: it's a scam if...
- they want you to collect and forward money in any way (a "money mule" job). You'll wind up engaged in money laundering, personally defrauded via expertly forged cheques, money orders, etc, or defrauding someone else who pays for goods that never arrive.
- they want you to receive packages and reship them somewhere else. The goods will have been obtained fraudulently, and they're just using you to make the shipping address appear local. You will be aiding fraud.
- they want up-front payment (either to them or someone else) of any sort for anything before you can get the job. This is advance fee fraud: there is no job -- it's just a big con to extract money from you.
- they want you to buy any kind of "membership" or "kit" in order to start. Forget it -- it's not a real job at all: they're trying to sell you something, and they're probably making a bunch of other false claims about it if they're pitching it as a "job".
- it's a job offer, and it's spam. There are LOTS of these scams about, as you can see.