This is a straightforward money mule job. Money stolen from compromised bank accounts is transferred into the mule's account, and the mule is asked to withdraw it and forward it (minus a cut) via Western Union or similar. I've redacted part of the contact email address in the body of this spam because the scammers operate the entire domain, and are consequently able to use any address in that domain.
Domain Name: ELTCAREERS.COM
Registrar: ENOM, INC.
Whois Server: whois.enom.com
Referral URL: http://www.enom.com
Name Server: NS1.REMOVESE.COM
Name Server: NS2.REMOVESE.COM
Updated Date: 05-jan-2008
Creation Date: 05-jan-2008
Expiration Date: 05-jan-2009
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: [redacted (false)]
Date: 8 Jan 2008 XX:XX UTC
Subject: Jobs in Australia and New Zealand
ELT, a Sweden luxury goods company, is currently seeking administrative assistants/sales support representatives within Australia and New Zealand to work from home, to contribute to the sales force and add convenience to our service dedicated to individuals, businesses, and organizations worldwide.
This position focuses on the management of daily, weekly and monthly tasks and special projects pertaining to the sales support for sales in Australia and New Zealand.
Primary duties include:
- Assists the Sales Department in a support role performing special projects, data entry and other duties as assigned
- Maintains tracking spreadsheet for purchases and payments
- Provides general administrative support including drafting of correspondence, processing purchase orders and expense reports etc.
- Emails correspondence daily
Hours: You can work full time or part time. Your schedule can be flexible.
For part time - you will need to spend on average 3 hours per day, Monday-Friday.
Salary: Base pay for part time is $2,000, plus 5% commission from each successfully completed transaction with a client.
Location: This is a work at home position. All communication will be online. During training/trial period assistance may be provided by phone.
Requirements: You need to have a PC, Internet access, Excel, and motivation.
Costs and Fees: There are NO costs at any time for our employees. All fees related to this employment are covered by the company.
Further Hiring Process: Please send your resume to: [redacted]@ eltcareers.com. In your email please state if you are interested in a part-time or a full-time position. After reviewing the submitted applications we respond to successful applicants only. We then offer the successful applicants a position within our company on a trial period for one month. During this trial period you will be receiving training and online support while working and being paid. At the completion of the trial period, the supervisor can recommend continued employment, extension of trial period, or termination. After the trial period your base pay will increase.
Send any questions and your resume to [redacted]@eltcareers.com
Job scam quick guide: it's a scam if...
- they want you to collect and forward money in any way (a "money mule" job). You'll wind up engaged in money laundering, personally defrauded via expertly forged cheques, money orders, etc, or defrauding someone else who pays for goods that never arrive.
- they want you to receive packages and reship them somewhere else. The goods will have been obtained fraudulently, and they're just using you to make the shipping address appear local. You will be aiding fraud.
- they want up-front payment (either to them or someone else) of any sort for anything before you can get the job. This is advance fee fraud: there is no job -- it's just a big con to extract money from you.
- they want you to buy any kind of "membership" or "kit" in order to start. Forget it -- it's not a real job at all: they're trying to sell you something, and they're probably making a bunch of other false claims about it if they're pitching it as a "job".
- it's a job offer, and it's spam. There are LOTS of these scams about, as you can see.