Another money mule scam and another random fake company name and website to lend it credibility. There is a German airline known as "Blue Wings", but this does not appear to be an attempt to impersonate them -- it's just a completely made up name, and any other use of the same name is conincidence. The domain name registration is surprisingly old (for a scam), but still less than a year. Although the job offer isn't clear on the kind of work to be performed, it's a foregone conclusion that it involves receiving direct transfers of stolen money from compromised bank accounts, and forwarding the spoils to the scammers via Western Union.
Domain Name: BLUEWINGS-INC.COM
Registrar: DIRECT INFORMATION PVT LTD D/B/A PUBLICDOMAINREGISTRY.COM
Whois Server: whois.PublicDomainRegistry.com
Referral URL: http://www.PublicDomainRegistry.com
Name Server: DNS8.3FN.NET
Name Server: NS2.3FN.NET
Updated Date: 26-aug-2007
Creation Date: 26-jun-2007
Expiration Date: 26-jun-2008
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: [redacted (false)]
Date: 11 Jan 2007 23:39
Subject: Decent job for a decent company!
To: [redacted (privacy)]
We have found your resume at online Job site. Our BlueWings Inc. Company is in tourist business for more than 10 years.
We made the main accent on organization of business travels and conduction of international workshops. The BlueWings Inc.
Company is working in business tourism sphere for more than 13 years and is among leaders of the MICE market in USA,
Europe and Australia. It is positioned as Destination Travel Management Company (DTMC) and Professional Conference
Internet currently has a very strong presence both in life of an ordinary citizen and mainstream international companies.
Our company is not an exception and now we are busy channeling part of our business activities via Internet.
That is why we are going to hire new employees. We are looking for goal-oriented and businesslike people to serve our
customers via Internet as well as for fixing business meetings in your city.
The mentioned type of business operations lets our company working more efficiently as well as keeping own
representatives practically in every city.
All our operation is under full control of the International Internet Business Monitoring Center(IIBMC). Our company is a
member of the white-list of the mentioned Center and we do guarantee observance of all clauses of the employment contract
we conclude with our employees.
We are happy to offer you the vacant position of “Customer oriented account manager”.
The mentioned employee will have to fulfill the following duties:
- Contacting our clients via email or phone.
- Processing of correspondence
- Follow all instructions(indications) of the company
- To monitor payments for hotels and other prepaid services
- Give the report to the company about all work tasks
Requirements to a successful candidate:
- Adequacy of decisions made
- Accuracy, documents processing skills
- Ability to create good administrative reporting;
- Prior customer service experience is a good benefit, but not a must;
- Willingness to work at home and take the responsibility to set up and achieve goals;
- Honesty, responsibility and promptness in operations;
- Effective interaction with customers;
- Familiarity to online work, Internet and e-mail skills;
- Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word user
You may also keep working in your main office.
If you are interested in partnership with our company please forward your CV to our e-mail box firstname.lastname@example.org
Upon receipt of your CV and in case you will be considered a suitable candidate for the above described job position, you
will get all additional info. Besides that our company will offer you to sign an official employment contract.
We are looking exactly for you!
We will provide answers for any of your questions with pleasure.
Thanks for the time you spent for reading this e-mail.
The Head of personnel Department
Job scam quick guide: it's a scam if...
- they want you to collect and forward money in any way (a "money mule" job). You'll wind up engaged in money laundering, personally defrauded via expertly forged cheques, money orders, etc, or defrauding someone else who pays for goods that never arrive.
- they want you to receive packages and reship them somewhere else. The goods will have been obtained fraudulently, and they're just using you to make the shipping address appear local. You will be aiding fraud.
- they want up-front payment (either to them or someone else) of any sort for anything before you can get the job. This is advance fee fraud: there is no job -- it's just a big con to extract money from you.
- they want you to buy any kind of "membership" or "kit" in order to start. Forget it -- it's not a real job at all: they're trying to sell you something, and they're probably making a bunch of other false claims about it if they're pitching it as a "job".
- it's a job offer, and it's spam. There are LOTS of these scams about, as you can see.