This money mule job scam may be brief, but it's being sent in significant quantity.
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: [redacted (false)]
Subject: MFG offers new job
To: [redacted (privacy)]
We are glad to inform you that currently have an opening position as a Processing Manager at MFG.
This is a part time job, in home, salary based. Step by step training, and great career opportunities.
- good social skills
- ability to use email.
- internet access.
Please contact us for details at firstname.lastname@example.org
Job scam quick guide: it's a scam if...
- they want you to collect and forward money in any way (a "money mule" job). You'll wind up engaged in money laundering, personally defrauded via expertly forged cheques, money orders, etc, or defrauding someone else who pays for goods that never arrive.
- they want you to receive packages and reship them somewhere else. The goods will have been obtained fraudulently, and they're just using you to make the shipping address appear local. You will be aiding fraud.
- they want up-front payment (either to them or someone else) of any sort for anything before you can get the job. This is advance fee fraud: there is no job -- it's just a big con to extract money from you.
- they want you to buy any kind of "membership" or "kit" in order to start. Forget it -- it's not a real job at all: they're trying to sell you something, and they're probably making a bunch of other false claims about it if they're pitching it as a "job".
- it's a job offer, and it's spam. There are LOTS of these scams about, as you can see.