Job scam quick guide: it's a scam if...
- they want you to collect and forward money in any way (a "money mule" job). You'll wind up engaged in money laundering, personally defrauded via expertly forged cheques, money orders, etc, or defrauding someone else who pays for goods that never arrive.
- they want you to receive packages and reship them somewhere else. The goods will have been obtained fraudulently, and they're just using you to make the shipping address appear local. You will be aiding fraud.
- they want up-front payment (either to them or someone else) of any sort for anything before you can get the job. This is advance fee fraud: there is no job -- it's just a big con to extract money from you.
- they want you to buy any kind of "membership" or "kit" in order to start. Forget it -- it's not a real job at all: they're trying to sell you something, and they're probably making a bunch of other false claims about it if they're pitching it as a "job".
- it's a job offer, and it's spam. There are LOTS of these scams about, as you can see.
Wednesday, December 12, 2007
Just another random fictional company looking for money mules in the USA.
---------- Forwarded message ----------
Are you looking for a part-time or full-time vacancy in the US, or work for students? If you’re looking for a high
and stable level of income, with remarkable growth potential and an international scope, we invite you to join Lat
Trading, and fill one of our many available vacancies for US regional financial representative.
The quantity of sales, along with the size of our partnership network, is growing every day, and we are now announcing
the hiring of new representatives of our company in the U.S.
The basic skills we look for in an associate are an outgoing nature, an ability to take the initiative, basic personal
computer skills, and a sound knowledge of how payment systems work.
Working with us is always interesting. When you work with us, you’ll have a stable income; you’ll interact
with people, organize the networks of our partners, and a whole lot more.
Visit our website for more info: www.lat-trading.com
Posted by Spotter at 05:48