This is an old money mule scam under a new name. The last time I reported on it, they were calling themselves "Cama Sales and Distribution Group". I've probably neglected to document a couple of name changes between then and now, though. The scammers are using a bunch of different Gmail addresses as contact points.
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Jane Frederick <[redacted (random)]>
Date: 2 May 2008 XX:XX UTC
Subject: Tired of Your Current Job? We can Help! Money.
To: [redacted (privacy)]
Greetings! Please Take couple minutes and discover for yourself this amazing opportunity from successful company from Italy!
We simply are the best. If you're receiving dozens of offers similar kind, we can assure you that we are the best, we will provide you with excellent help/assistance, and you will make more money than with any other company!
Spending few hours a day Monday-Friday you will be able to make 1100+ AUD, not bad ha? And it's real! It is all based on a taxation loop between countries, that let's you make money and help us out at the same time.
Everything is simple, receive full information, read about it, see how it works, then consider if you are ready to take on this challenge and start making money.
Position called - "Fund Operator" brought to you via paid Ads by Google, from Italian company - Hollywood Sales Group©.
It can be your everyday job as well as the extra income, either one, you will simply love it!
18+ Years Old.
2 Hours a day, Monday-Friday. You must have a mobile/home number we reach you with(just in case, we promise we not going to bother you for no reason).
You are responsible and able to check your e-mail 4-5 times a day*
You are located in Australia*
No school degree required*
No past experience required*
It is a convenient, safe, and best position available today! We are pretty sure you need this. And just by looking it this reference you can consider yourself:
"Hollywood Inc., Italy introducing perfect opportunity for students and single moms" - "From The Past to the Future" / Pitt Aleski. (Australia)
"Most convenient today's online position" - "Perfect Answers with Melinda" / Melinda Ross. (Australia)
"Employment is getting on new level" - "Behind the Rumors" / John W. Troy (Magazine Director/Promoter). (New Zealand)
If you meet all requirements - feel free to receive full information on this great position and start making money within 24 hours!
In order to receive full info, reply to: firstname.lastname@example.org
with subject "Interested" or anything else to let us know you are interested, and one of our representatives will assist you shortly with full information/position description.
Good Luck and we appreciate you took your precious time reading our offer!
Job scam quick guide: it's a scam if...
- they want you to collect and forward money in any way (a "money mule" job). You'll wind up engaged in money laundering, personally defrauded via expertly forged cheques, money orders, etc, or defrauding someone else who pays for goods that never arrive.
- they want you to receive packages and reship them somewhere else. The goods will have been obtained fraudulently, and they're just using you to make the shipping address appear local. You will be aiding fraud.
- they want up-front payment (either to them or someone else) of any sort for anything before you can get the job. This is advance fee fraud: there is no job -- it's just a big con to extract money from you.
- they want you to buy any kind of "membership" or "kit" in order to start. Forget it -- it's not a real job at all: they're trying to sell you something, and they're probably making a bunch of other false claims about it if they're pitching it as a "job".
- it's a job offer, and it's spam. There are LOTS of these scams about, as you can see.