Thanks to M from Australia for providing this one -- I haven't seen it in my spam traps yet. This is a typical money mule scam targeting Australians and New Zealanders. These are almost invariably payment processing jobs where the "employers" want people to accept direct bank transfers and then forward money via Western Union. The incoming transfers are fraudulent -- the money is taken from online accounts that have been phished. If you receive such a transfer, don't withdraw the money, but notify your bank immediately that the transaction is suspicious. They'll send the money back to its rightful owner.
There are probably other domain names than the following -- this is the only one I know of at the time of posting.
Domain Name: ZINEXFINAUSTRALIA.COM
Registrar: BIZCN.COM, INC.
Whois Server: whois.bizcn.com
Referral URL: http://www.bizcn.com
Name Server: NS1.TWOODPARK.COM
Name Server: NS2.TWOODPARK.COM
Updated Date: 22-apr-2008
Creation Date: 22-apr-2008
Expiration Date: 22-apr-2009
---------- Forwarded message ----------
Sales support specialist
Currently we are looking for employees resident in Australia, New Zealand, USA, Canada and EU to work with us
The job does not need any special skills or knowledge in any specific areas. Your commitment to the job, readiness to make the job on time and with good quality, honesty and responsibility, good business acumen and accuracy are the basic recruitment criteria.
Our employees occupying the position of administrative assistant get monthly salary of 2,000-5000AUD with engagement of about 10-15 hours per week. Our company, ZinexFinance Inc., founded in 1999, has a number of affiliates all over Eastern Europe, Australia and New Zealand, whereas the principle place of business is Moldova .The company is mainly engaged in providing the clients with selling and reselling services, auction support, administrative support provision by the sellers all over the world aimed at sales facility potential growth.
Privileges of working for us.
All the personnel working in our company are offered two-weeks leave with pay twice a year. The rate of your holiday money reaches 2,000 AUD. The first holiday leave can be taken in 3 months of work in the company.
If you are our employee there is no necessity to worry about your taxes as our company covers them all after you've sent us an income invoice stating the taxes you are to pay.
Any investments to start up?
We declare that you'll have to invest nothing in order to start working for us. You won't have to buy any brochures or company products for this. All the expenses pertaining to your employment will be covered by the company.
Monthly salary the administrative assistant earns.
The salary of administrative assistant is formed as a percentage (7%) from each payment managed by him and can reach 2000-5000 AUD in a month. In cases when your income fails to reach at least 2000 AUD the difference is covered by the company and sent to you by wire transfer or check.
- Ability to follow directions
- Good responsibility to company requests
- Fluent English
- Be of maturity age.
- No criminal records(your background will be verified)
- Uphold a high level of integrity and ethics.
- Legal status of a resident in the territory of the USA/Australia/New Zealand/EU.
- We guarantee you sufficient money to be added to your main salary (2000-5000AUD per month!), provided you have a wish to work hard and to follow all our instructions on time
- You will earn money right from your virtual home office while working as an independent contractor with us.
- NO MONEY NEEDED TO START!
- Good income
- Flexible schedule
You can find more information about us here:
Please note that only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted
Looking forward to cooperation with you,
Zinex Finance Administration
Job scam quick guide: it's a scam if...
- they want you to collect and forward money in any way (a "money mule" job). You'll wind up engaged in money laundering, personally defrauded via expertly forged cheques, money orders, etc, or defrauding someone else who pays for goods that never arrive.
- they want you to receive packages and reship them somewhere else. The goods will have been obtained fraudulently, and they're just using you to make the shipping address appear local. You will be aiding fraud.
- they want up-front payment (either to them or someone else) of any sort for anything before you can get the job. This is advance fee fraud: there is no job -- it's just a big con to extract money from you.
- they want you to buy any kind of "membership" or "kit" in order to start. Forget it -- it's not a real job at all: they're trying to sell you something, and they're probably making a bunch of other false claims about it if they're pitching it as a "job".
- it's a job offer, and it's spam. There are LOTS of these scams about, as you can see.