This one was forwarded by a correspondent. It's just another check forger acting under an assumed identity, looking for suckers to deposit his dodgy checks and send back cash, but a quick search on the associated phone number shows that I haven't listed it yet, so here it is.
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: "PARK LEE" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 10:44:46 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Employment Offer !!!!!!
My name is JOHN LEE . I am the owner of JOHN LEE
TEXTILES AND FABRICS COMPANY IN THE UK
Presently, my company is looking for a trustworthy bookkeeper,
representative in Canada/USA.
An excellent opportunity to work at home part time and still keep your
full time job.
JOHN LEE Textile is a company that produces and sells Chinese and
African textile and fabric material in London. Our company produces
various clothing materials, batisks, assorted fabrics and traditional
costumes. We have clients we supply weekly in the states. My clients
payments for our supplies every week by check which are not readily
cashable outside of the US or Canada; so we need a representative to
assist us in processing the payments. This will enable our cash to
more quickly and therefore would not tie down our capital. I would be
willing to employ you on contract basis to be my payment representative
back in the states. I am involved in alot of travel and this way I
give my clients the authority to make the checks, money orders, etc out
to you. You could then easily cash at your bank, then withdraw 10%
of the total amount as your commission and send the rest back to me
through Western Union wire transfer.
IF YOU AT ALL INTERESTED IN THIS PROPOSAL FOR EMPLOYMENT PLEASE
COMPLETE THIS APPLICATION AND
LETTER OF EMPLOYMENT. I NEED TO FILL THIS POSITION AS SOON AS
LOOKING FORWARD TO HEARING FROM YOU SOON.
1. RECIEVE PAYMENT FROM CLIENTS (delivered by FedEx or UPS you would
need to be at your address to sign)
2. CASH PAYMENTS AT YOUR BANK (PAYMENT WILL BE MAKE IN YOUR NAME TO BE
CASHED AT YOUR
BANK) CLIENTS WILL CONTACT YOU FIRST AND SEND PAYMENT VIA COURIER
3. DEDUCT 10% WHICH WILL BE YOUR PERCENTAGE/PAY ON PAYMENT PROCESSED
(Examle $5000.00 you
would deduct $500.00 pay the Western Union fee out of the $4500.00
left and send remainder to my company.
4. FORWARD BALANCE AFTER DEDUCTION OF PERCENTAGE/PAY TO MY COMPANY
JOHN LEE TEXTILE LIMITED
*Please make sure you telepone # is correct -- I will need to call you
when everything is in place.
You will adhear to the rules as advised earlier in this e-mail and by
You will notify the company one week ahead if eventually you want to
discontinue these funds from coming to your
address in order to avoid conflict.
If in agreement to this kindly append signature below.
Job scam quick guide: it's a scam if...
- they want you to collect and forward money in any way (a "money mule" job). You'll wind up engaged in money laundering, personally defrauded via expertly forged cheques, money orders, etc, or defrauding someone else who pays for goods that never arrive.
- they want you to receive packages and reship them somewhere else. The goods will have been obtained fraudulently, and they're just using you to make the shipping address appear local. You will be aiding fraud.
- they want up-front payment (either to them or someone else) of any sort for anything before you can get the job. This is advance fee fraud: there is no job -- it's just a big con to extract money from you.
- they want you to buy any kind of "membership" or "kit" in order to start. Forget it -- it's not a real job at all: they're trying to sell you something, and they're probably making a bunch of other false claims about it if they're pitching it as a "job".
- it's a job offer, and it's spam. There are LOTS of these scams about, as you can see.