Job scam quick guide: it's a scam if...

  • they want you to collect and forward money in any way (a "money mule" job). You'll wind up engaged in money laundering, personally defrauded via expertly forged cheques, money orders, etc, or defrauding someone else who pays for goods that never arrive.
  • they want you to receive packages and reship them somewhere else. The goods will have been obtained fraudulently, and they're just using you to make the shipping address appear local. You will be aiding fraud.
  • they want up-front payment (either to them or someone else) of any sort for anything before you can get the job. This is advance fee fraud: there is no job -- it's just a big con to extract money from you.
  • they want you to buy any kind of "membership" or "kit" in order to start. Forget it -- it's not a real job at all: they're trying to sell you something, and they're probably making a bunch of other false claims about it if they're pitching it as a "job".
  • it's a job offer, and it's spam. There are LOTS of these scams about, as you can see.

Friday, March 09, 2007

John Cole Research and Consultancy Ltd

Summary: lying West African forger of money orders seeks unwary middle-man to fleece.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: john_cole004@terra.es <john_cole004@terra.es>
Reply-to:
john_cole004@terra.es  <john_cole004@terra.es>
Date: 08-Mar-2007 21:24
Subject: Employment(part-time)
To:

IF INTERESTED YOU ARE ONLY ADVISE TO SEND RESPONSE THIS EMAIL ONLY john_cole71@excite.com. Thats only when the company will be able to get back to you in a short period.
Goodday
       My name is John  Cole, 35 years of age, 3 kids, a lovely girl and 2 troublesome kids, and the love of my life, my wife. I am a somewhat multitalented man and I do quite alot of travelling and get to meet quite alot of people who need my services.
   I own a research/consultancy firm which offers knowledge on developmental biology, embryology, paleontology and pretty much anything from zoology to plant life, Ireside in Dublin, Ireland  and even though I have lived most of my life in other parts of the world, I am fully residing in Ireland even though I get to do alot of travelling though.
   Presently, I have just been granted a funding to head a research project in the tropical regions of West Africa regarding rare and vulnerable plant species and this would be commencing very soon, However my fundings were by my american counterparts which sent me the bunch of payments mostly in US based money orders. Getting an accountant in the states or opening an account would have been my best choice but I have a deadline to meet and taking any of those choices would cost me time and a whole lot of other requirements I am not ready to deal with as I would be travelling alot in the meantime.
   So presently,  you would be able to deal with cash, I would be willing to employ you on contract basis to be my payment representative back in the states, thisway I could issue and make these money orders out to you, you could then cash them easily, withdraw 10% of the total amount on these money orders as your commission and then send the rest back to me through WESTERN UNION MONEY TRANFER. Bear it in mind that we would be dealing with quite a handful of cash and you could be making up to $4000 just working with me in a short period of time.
   I would be glad if you accept my proposal and I intend to commence on starting as soon as you are ready. If you are interested, please email me back on john_cole71@excite.com so as we could  conclude all arrangements.United State Of  America are reguiered only.All this are required for the sending of the payment
NAME.................................
ADDRESS...........................
CITY...................................
STATE................................
ZIPCODE.............................
PHONENUMBER...................................
PRESENT OCCUPATION.............................
AGE.........................................................
Thank You
JOHN  COLE
JOHNCOLE Research and Consultancy Ltd
NOTE........ALL RESPONSE MUST BE SEND TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS ONLY john_cole71@excite.com


Ahora también puedes acceder a tu correo Terra desde el móvil.
Infórmate pinchando aquí.

No comments: